Prof. Mohamed Rabie M.H. Farag has won the ASTRA 2023 Title, Best Researcher of the Year for his/ her specialization in, Structural Engineering.
Samples of PUBLICATIONS
1. Baniya, W. J., W. Zaki, R. C. – M. Farrag, and A. D. – Rashed,”Behavior of composite pre-flat slabs in resistingpunching shear forces”, Alexandria Engineering Journal,vol. 59, issue 1, pp. 333-347, 2020.
2. El-Hawary, M. M., M. Rabie, and W.Zaki, “ANALYTICALSTUDY OF INTERFACE BEHAVIOR OF ONE-WAYCOMPOSITE PRE-SLABS WITH H.S.C TOP LAYERUNDER DIFFERENT CASES OF LOADING ANDPERCENTAGE OF SHEAR CONNECTORS”, InternationalJournal of Advanced Engineering and ManagementResearch, vol. 4, issue 1, pp. 7-21, 2019.
3. Nayef, S., W. Zaki, and M. Rabie, “EFFECT OFREINFORCEMENT ON PUNCHING SHEAR BEHAVIOR OFFLAT SLABS”, International Journal of Civil Engineering andTechnology, vol. 10, issue 2, pp. 2403-2418, 2019.
4. Ism, M. M., and M. Rabie, “Flexural behavior of continuousRC beams strengthened with externally bonded CFRPsheets”, Alexandria Engineering Journal, vol. 58, issue 3, pp.789–800, 2019.
5. El-Hawary, M. M., W. Zaki, and M. Rabie, “ExperimentalStudy on the Shear Transfer of Composite Pre-Slabs withH.S.C Top Layer Using Different Shear DowelsPercentage”, International Journal of Engineering Research& Technology, vol. 7, issue 8, pp. 325-335, 2018.
6. M.Rabie, W.Zaki, and A.Mostafa, “SHEAR TRANSFER INCOMPOSITE CONCERTE-CONCERTE T-SECTION”,International Conference on Advances in Civil, Structural andConstruction Engineering, USA, pp. 11-15, 2016.
7. M.Rabie, W.Zaki, and S.Zaky, “STRENGTHENING STEEL I-BEAM WITH CONCRETE FLANGE”, Fifth InternationalConference On Advances in Civil, Structural and MechanicalEngineering, USA, 2016.
8. M.Rabea, W.Zaki, and M.Fawzy, “Effect of shearconnectors and interface roughness on the behavior ofone way composite pre-slabs”, International Journal of Civiland Structural Engineering, vol. 2, issue 2, pp. 188-192,2015
prof .Mohamed Rabie Mahmoud
Born 01/01/1960, Egypt, Married Three children
1. Cairo University, Giza, Egypt, Ph. D. in structural engineering in Nov., 1994 Ph. D. thesis entitled “ Shear Transfer in Composite Reinforced Concrete Sections”
2. Cairo University, Giza, Egypt, M.Sc. in structural engineering in Oct., 1988 M.Sc thesis entitled “ Non Linear Analysis of Deep – Ordinary (Shallow) Beams”
3. Cairo University, Giza, Egypt, BS.C. in Civil Engineering with a general grade of appreciation Excellent with the Honor’s degree (Rank first among 800 students class) in May., 1982.
2018-2020 Director of concrete research laboratory- Cairo University
2015-2019 Director of Center of Real Estate Appraisal & Building Technology – Cairo University.
2009-2015 Director of Virtual Education Lab – Cairo University
01/95 – Present Manager of “CAIRO HOME FOR ENGINEERING CONSULTATION (CHEC)“, Egypt.
01/94 – Present Manager and partner of “EGYPTIAN GROUP FOR ENGINEERING CONSULTATION OFFICE (EGEC)“, Egypt.
01/87 – 01/94 Senior Engineer in “EGYPTIAN GROUP FOR ENGINEERING CONSULTATION OFFICE (EGEC)“, Egypt.
01/84 – Present Member of the “CONCRETE RESEARCH LABORATORY” Faculty of Engineering, Cairo University, Giza, Egypt.
02/85 – 12/86 Senior Engineer in “NABCONTRACT COMPANY“, Cairo, Egypt.
03/84 – 01/85 Structure Engineer in “Prof. IBRAHEEM GAFFAR COUSULTATION OFFICE“ Cairo, Egypt.
08/82 – 03/84 Structure Engineer in “COSULTING ENGINEERING GROUP Prof. EL – ADAWY NASSEF (SEGMAN) “, Cairo, Egypt.
2012 – present professor of concrete structures , Faculty of Engineering, Cairo university, Giza, Egypt.
2004 – 2012 Associate professor in the structure Engineering Dept., Faculty of Engineering, Cairo University, Giza, Egypt.
1994 – 2004
1988 – 1994 Assistant professor in the structure Engineering Dept., Faculty of Engineering, Cairo University, Giza, Egypt.
Assistant lecturer in the structure Engineering Dept., Faculty of Engineering, Cairo University, Giza, Egypt.
1982 – 1988 Demonstrator, Faculty of Engineering, Cairo University, Giza, Egypt.